What are the advantages of the AGM battery?
The advantages of AGM batteries are no maintenance, sealed against fumes, hydrogen, leakage, or non-spilling even if they are broken, and can survive most freezes. AGM batteries are "recombinant" - which means the Oxygen and Hydrogen recombine inside the battery. These use gas phase transfer of oxygen to the negative plates to recombine them back into water while charging and prevent the loss of water through electrolysis. The recombining is typically 99+% efficient, so almost no water is lost. Charging voltages for most AGM batteries are the same as for a standard type battery so there is no need for special charging adjustments or problems with incompatible chargers or charge controls. Since the internal resistance is extremely low, there is almost no heating of the battery even under heavy charge and discharge currents. AGM batteries have a very low self-discharge rate (from 1% to 3% per month). So they can sit in storage for much longer periods without charging. The plates in AGM's are tightly packed and rigidly mounted, and will withstand shock and vibration better than any standard battery.
What are the advantages of lithium ion batteries?
Consider the following benefits of choosing LifePO4 (lithium iron phosphate) batteries for your energy needs:
- LifePO4 batteries have a life span 10 times longer than that of traditional lead acid batteries. This dramatically reduces the need for battery changes.
- Lithium iron phosphate batteries operate with much lower resistance and consequently recharge at a much faster rate.
- LifeP04 lightweight batteries are lighter than lead acid batteries, usually weighing about 1/4 less.
- LifeP04 provides twice the battery capacity in the same amount of space.
- With operating ranges from -40 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit, LifePO4 batteries handle far wider variations in temperature.
Lithium iron phosphate batteries are also environmentally friendly and safe for use in any system. Other advantages of LifeP04 technology include upper and lower voltage protection, dead short and reverse polarity protection, and a flame-retardant chemistry.